Maybe you are someone who has plenty of friends, or maybe you mostly prefer to stay by yourself. Whatever the case may be, after you have a baby, you might have realized that you definitely need to have a couple of “mom friends.” Connecting with other new moms is a great stress buster and allows you to share experiences that only other moms will understand. More importantly, it is an awesome way to maintain a healthy life and peace of mind.
Listed below are some platforms where you can befriend some moms from the comfort of your home!
- Peanut - Just like any dating app (except that it’s not), the Peanut app allows you to swipe left or right to accept or decline potential mom friends. Use this platform to meet and chat with like-minded people and share all your joys and woes. Once you’re signed up, you will get a chance to connect with members in your community. Not only does this benefit you, but your little bubs will get to spend time together as well, say, for instance, if you plan a play-date for them. It also has a good following of members TTC (Trying to Conceive), so this could be a positive setting for those of you who are having infertility issues.
- MomCo - This app is about childcare and related marketing services for parents and guardians. Through this app, mothers can connect with other mothers so they can build a community. This results in the overall improvement in the quality of life for both the parents as well as the kids. The MomCo app also lets you interact on separate forums, offers in-app deals, helps you to organize play-dates, and keep you up-to-date with local events.
- Hey! Vina - The Hey! Vina app helps to pair two moms with the same interests and compatible personalities. It also shows profiles and user pictures. Join this app if you want to make new friends, be a part of a community, join a live chat, or even take quizzes. The great thing about this app is that it has an inbuilt algorithm that matches details such as your location, mutual friends, and quiz results.
- Hey Mama - This platform is great if you are pregnant or a new mom looking to start your own business. You will find plenty of great advice and a chance to meet other new moms who have entrepreneurial skills like you. Learn the art of juggling your own enterprise as well as looking after your little cutie. The Hey! Mama membership will cost you $350 a year, but it is definitely worth it in the long run.
- Meetup - Use meetup.com to connect with other moms and groups you would like to be a part of. This website has plenty of options that you can choose from. Because this app is based on your location, your search is narrowed down to upcoming events near you. For instance, you can look for events related to photography, or book clubs, arts, family, outdoors, and adventure. You can either join events virtually or go out of your comfort zone and meet these link-minded people in person if it is an in-person event.
- MamaLeave - MamaLeave lets you connect with other parents in your neighborhood. Simply download this free app from Google Play or Apple and meet other moms in your area who would love to organize play-dates or hang out for coffee. This app helps you get acquainted with your neighbors who are moms and have little ones of their own, and at the same time allows your child to grow their circle of friends within the community.