Are you looking forward to spending this festive season with your sweet new baby but worried about what you will wear to special gatherings of family and friends? If you are breastfeeding or pumping, the problem of finding the right outfit for the festive season is something many moms tackle. But this year, things can be different.
You see, looking after your baby’s needs should go hand in hand with looking after yourself. Especially at this time of the year, it’s all about wearing stylish yet comfortable and practical clothing.
Here are some tips that you can keep in mind:
- Avoid clingy clothes – Clingy and slim-fit clothes could make you look bulky and overweight. Instead, opt for stylish flowing dress styles that will hide all your bulges but don’t have that “maternity” look. These dresses also have concealed openings that help you feed your bub, or pump, anytime, with ease. The cool thing about these dresses is that you can keep wearing them even after you have stopped nursing.
- Make it a wrap – Using wrap dresses and crossover tops make perfect sense as they are stylish yet practical. Because of the way that they are made, wrap dresses and crossover tops allow you to feed baby or pump with ease and comfort, while at the same time offering a good amount of coverage.
- Highlight your outfit with accessories – An outfit is never complete without accessories. Michael Kors said, “I’ve always thought of accessories as the exclamation point of a woman’s outfit.” Wearing accessories is a great way to spice up any outfit. Whether it is a matching set of earrings, neckpiece, bracelet, or simply a pretty scarf and matching shoes, it can definitely accentuate your clothing and complete your look.
- Wear a nursing bra – A nursing bra allows you to breastfeed your baby conveniently. Instead of undoing a regular bra, a section of the nursing bra which is held up by clips can easily be unhooked, and when you’re done, you can easily hook it right up. So convenient and discreet.
- Use nursing bra pads – We all know those uncontrollable and awkward moments when breast milk soaks right through our clothing, leaving wet patches or even stains. If you are prone to “leaking,” don’t forget your nursing bra pads to save any embarrassment and protect your clothes.
- Wear mid-rise pants – Low-rise pants will not support your post-pregnancy belly and should be avoided as they won’t help to tuck in your tummy. Our awesome postpartum pants are super comfy and have been designed with a new mom’s bod in mind.
- Special occasion dresses – The upcoming festive season will involve parties, spending time with family, friends, and colleagues. Opting for a gorgeous yet practical dress is all you need. Choosing an evergreen dress style is a great option for new moms, whatever the occasion.
- Add a touch of makeup (if you usually wear it) – Wearing makeup, even if it’s a minimal amount, will give you a fresh new look and confident glow. Use a tinted moisturizer and a concealer to cover up any dark circles and a bronzer or highlighter to accentuate your cheekbones and the bridge of your nose. A lip balm and moisturizer is an absolute must for any new mom who has felt like her skin has become drier after the birthing experience. When dressing up for the festive season, using a pink-tinted lipstick gives your face a fresher look. And of course. there’s always mascara, eyeliner, and eye-shadow to complete your look for a party!