Meatballs are a classic and a crowd pleaser for kids and adults alike. What also makes them a family favourite is that they can be prepared up to 24 hours in advance – just set them on a lined tray and place them in the refrigerator!
If you’re looking to shake things up a bit, give these sweet and sour pork meatballs a try. Easy to make and taking less than 25 minutes to have on the table, they are the perfect dish for a busy weeknight dinner.
Here’s what you’ll need before you get started:
Now let’s get those meatballs cooking!
1. Start by preparing the rice as per the instructions on the box or bag. Set the two slices of bread in a bowl and cover with milk. Allow the bread to soak for two minutes, and then squeeze them out. Set the bread aside in a large bowl.
2. Use your hands to gently combine the minced pork, shallot, ginger, garlic, cornflour, egg, and one tablespoon of the soy sauce with the bread. Season the mixture and roll them into tablespoon-sized balls, transferring each to a plate once finished.
3. In a large frying pan, heat one tablespoon of the peanut oil over medium heat. Add meatballs in batches and gently toss them until they are golden in colour (approximately eight minutes). Transfer the cooked meatballs to a separate plate.
4. Now add the other tablespoon of peanut oil to the same pan and turn up the heat to medium-high. Add in the onion and capsicum. Cook both for about four minutes (or until softened) and then reduce to low heat.
5. Stir in the pineapple chunks and juice, the tomato sauce, the vinegar, sugar, and the remaining two tablespoons of soy sauce. Bring it all to a boil and reduce heat to medium before adding the meatballs. Stir the meatballs into the sauce for about five minutes, or until they are cooked all the way through and the sauce thickens.
To serve, simply divide the rice and the meatballs into separate bowls for everyone. The recipe makes enough for four adult servings, so if you have little ones with smaller appetites, you may even have some leftovers for lunch the next day.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
If you’re on the hunt for a quick and easy flavourful meal that’s a kid and parent favourite, look no further than chicken fajitas.
Here are our favorite smoothie recipes for a quick, require few ingredients, and are kid-approved nutritious summer smoothies!
The sizing & fit of Peachymama nursing clothes are specially designed for you and your ‘after baby’ body. This means that if you were say, an US ’S’ (10-12) before bubs came along, you’ll most likely be the same now in Peachymama sizing.
Wrap the measuring tape around the fullest part of your bust, waist and hips. When measuring your bust we recommend you wear your nursing bra.
|FRONT RISE||28||11||29||11 1/2||30||11 3/4||31||12|
|INSIDE LEG||76||30||77||30 1/3||78||30 2/3||79||31|
* 'Inside Leg' is the measurement that indicates the pant's length.
** The 'Front Rise' is the measurement from your crotch to your belly button.
In this video, Taryn wears size 12/14 (Medium)
Questions? Contact Stacey, a Peachymama mom HERE